    | |o o| |
    \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting,
    ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.

    Ant, Jan 3, 2014

  2. It seems to only have two options: wrap to window, and wrap to page. I
    don't know why one of those two wouldn't be acceptable for a text
    document. If you need something for editing a program, the Xcode editor
    doesn't wrap. vi is also installed with Xcode, as is ed, sed, nano,
    emacs, and probably a few others. (10.4.11)

    Mark Storkamp, Jan 3, 2014

  3. Ant

    Davoud Guest

    Ant:
    Hard to say whether or not you have a no-word-wrap option. TextEdit
    does not have such an option. That's a feature usually associated with
    word processors.

    Davoud, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Ant

    Tim Streater Guest

    Or you can use TextWrangler which will wrap however you like.

    Tim Streater, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Ant

    Savageduck Guest

    TextEdit has a "Wrap to Page" or "Wrap to Window" feature that it
    toggles between depending on need.
    If the text is Wrapped, then returning to the menu you should find:
    Format-> Wrap to Window.

    Savageduck, Jan 4, 2014
  6. BBEdit (and TextWrangler, it's free cousin) have a "Wrap to Length"
    feature. It allows text in a window or selected block of text to be
    wrapped to a specified character length, say 72 characters.

    But there's no feature that will do it for you automatically as you type.

    Michael Vilain, Jan 4, 2014