    ?

    Thanks again
    Rog

    Roger, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Well, answering your question as asked, yes. Panther provides exactly as
    much of a bootable OS 9 as Jaguar did. None.

    To be somewhat less annoying:

    Bootable: Whether or not a given OS will boot a given machine depends on
    whether that distribution of the OS recognizes the hardware in the
    machine sufficiently to boot. Apple has stopped updating Mac OS 9 to
    recognize new hardware.

    Provide: Retail boxes of Jaguar did not include an OS 9 installation.
    Dual-bootable machines came with both, and OS X owners were offered a
    moderately priced OS 9 install disk as an optional purchase.

    Gregory Weston, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Jag didn't come with a bootable OS 9.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Roger

    Bill Guest

    Apple made a major push late last year to get OS 10 into K-12 educator's
    hands and offered a free Jaguar CD set including both OS 9.2 and
    "Introduction to OS 10.2" CDs. The OS 9 CD was included as many of the
    'capable' machines were still running a pre 9.2 OS and needed to be upgraded.

    I'd be very surprised (but pleased) if Apple made the same offer with Panther.

    Bill Morlitz

    Bill, Nov 3, 2003