Does Running processor *hard* wear it out sooner?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Lee, May 23, 2004.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    I run the Winamp visualization often, which takes
    up a lot of processor time. Just wondering if I am
    shortening the life of my cpu?

    CUL8R

    R*Horse

    www.sonic.net/~lkokot

    "Take a look behind you - upstream - now you begin to
    recognize this country, don't you?"

    "Yes, I do recognize it now. It is the most wonderful
    thing I ever heard of; by a long shot the most
    wonderful - and unexpected."

    Mark Twain
    Life on the Mississippi

    Lee, May 23, 2004

  2. No. Only excessive heat will shorten your processor's life. Well, dropping
    your computer on the floor might do the same thing. But not watching Winamp
    visualizations.

    Rocky

    Rocket J. Squirrel, May 23, 2004

  3. Lee

    allyf Guest

    yes

    allyf, May 23, 2004
  4. Lee

    Lee Guest

    It has been reported by the Department of Homeland Security that on Sun, 23
    Or am I only shortening the life of my neurons?

    Lee, May 23, 2004