    headphones, but I'd really like to be able to adjust the sound
    remotely on the TV. Is that possible or am I doing the best I can with
    S-Video?

    Video Dope, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Video Dope

    Stanlin877 Guest

    U have to hook ur soundcard to ur tvcard, then u'll hear sound. On ur
    Tvcard there is a hole for sound out. Use a cord to connect that to the
    line in of ur soundcard. U might have to buy a cord and maybe a adapter(if
    u need to plug more then one device into ur soundcard's line in).

    Important: make sure u buy the right size plug for ur tvcard. Mine(old WinTv
    Card) had a mini plug like you use on a walkman. It fit the hole but still
    would not work, I had to get another one with a smaller mini plug to get the
    sound to work. But it should not be a problem for u with a modern Tvcard.

    hth

    Stanlin877, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Video Dope

    Stanlin877 Guest

    Hmm, I just reread ur message. U don't have a TV card? U want to run the
    sound through ur tv? I have a lineout to my Vcr's sound in. Is that what u
    want to do? See if there is a line in for sound on ur Tv. I know there is
    one for ur vcr if u have one.

    I run my line out from my soundcard to my vcr's sound in. Then I run that
    with an adapter to my stero to my alt input. My speakers are then hooked to
    my boombox. Works for me.

    hth also

    Stanlin877, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Video Dope

    william bell Guest

    Yes that is all you can do, you are doing it right..

    Just get a screened lead for the Audio to go to the sound inputs of the
    TV..

    william bell, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Video Dope

    FLY135 Guest

    s-video is video only. Run a cable from the computer audio out to the TV
    audio in. Stereo mini-jack on PC end and RCA on TV end.

    FLY135, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Video Dope

    BelaLvgosi Guest

    4 pins= video only (actually they are 2x2 shunt)
    7 pins= video + audio 2ch (not standard, but found on laptops and other
    similar aplications)

    BelaLvgosi, Feb 4, 2004