    seems to be a lot of confusion about whether the A7V8X-X support 400
    FSB or only 333 FSF. Is anyone running a AMD 3200+ 400FSB on a A7V8X-X
    sucessfully ?

    FIGTREES, Feb 26, 2004

  2. FIGTREES

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Feb 26, 2004

  3. FIGTREES

    Norm Guest

    I found this info at Asus web site:

    Motherboard : A7N8X-X CPU : Athlon XP 3200 (400 MHz FSB)(Model 10)(Barton)
    Since BIOS : ALL

    If your motherboard BIOS version (refer to "How to examine your BIOS")
    number is greater than the BIOS version listed above, then you will not
    need to flash your BIOS. However, if your BIOS version is smaller than the
    version listed above, then you will need to select and download the latest
    BIOS to update your system. We kindly remind you that there is a certain
    risk level involved in BIOS flashing, please refer to "BIOS Flashing
    Method". If you still have doubts, we will strongly advise you to consult
    with a PC Professional or your PC dealer for further assistance.

    Norm, Feb 27, 2004
  4. FIGTREES

    Ed Guest

    That's the A7 "N" 8X-X, not the A7 "V" 8X-X, different chipset.

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 27, 2004
  5. FIGTREES

    Norm Guest

    ops!!!

    Norm, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Not me tho Id bet the board will take any Barton, but couldnt provide it
    with 400 fsb. The chip doesnt mind that, 3200 should keep same multiplier
    with 333 and run as 2500+. In that configuration it would be underrated,
    but might be unlocked to run as fast as XP 3200 or faster.

    If its possible to unlock the chip, the biggest difference in performance
    would be a decrease in fsb power of 400:333 ,20% decrease
    If confined to fsb, that reduction will not proportionaly affect many kinds
    of computer processes -the ones it does, by maximum of 20%.

    iirc the XP2800 is a Barton sold to run at 333fsb - same chip as 3200, but
    defaulting with a *higher* Multiplier. Not sure how hard it is to unlock
    these chips though :/

    Creeping Stone, Feb 27, 2004