Does the Asus R1F have FireWire?

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by BitFlipper, Mar 11, 2007.

  1. BitFlipper

    BitFlipper Guest

    Hi,

    I am getting some conflicting information on whether the Asus R1F has
    FireWire or not. I have seen reviews of it where one of the main complaints
    was that it didn't have FW. One some sites, it clearly shows that it has, and
    on others it doesn't.

    My suspicion is that maybe the original version, the R1, didn't have FW, but
    an updated version, the R1F, does have FW. Is this correct?

    Example of "It has NO FireWire", Asus' own website:
    http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=131&l3=443&model=1299&modelmenu=2

    Example of "It HAS FireWire":
    http://store.agearnotebooks.com/asusr1fs.html

    Which is it?

    Thanks in advance for any info on this...

    BitFlipper

    BitFlipper, Mar 11, 2007

  2. Jeffrey W. Roach, Mar 11, 2007

  3. BitFlipper

    BitFlipper Guest

    Right, that is one of the sites I pointed out that does show that it has
    FireWire. Yet I have come across user reviews that said that it does not,
    like this one (although it mentions the R1, not the R1F):

    http://www.notebookreview.com/price...718&productFamilyID=913&display=opinionDetail

    Also, Asus' own website does not list the FireWire port, even though it goes
    into quite a bit of detailed specs for the R1F, including screenshots that
    show and label each and every port, yet, no FireWire.

    http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=131&l3=443&model=1299&modelmenu=2

    That is why I am confused about it. You either have to believe 3rd party
    websites, or Asus' own website. Or Asus' own website is out of date, which
    would be a pretty significant omission I would think.

    Does anyone own one of these, or have physical access to one to confirm that
    it really does have FireWire?

    Thanks in advance for any help on this...

    BitFlipper

    BitFlipper, Mar 11, 2007
  4. BitFlipper

    BitFlipper Guest

    OK, sorry to respond to my own post, but...

    I have seen enough specs from different online sellers noew to say that the
    R1F most likely does NOT have a FireWire port. I think the sites that do
    show it with FireWire ports got their specs wrong. Asus' own site doesn't
    even show it, so will take that as a "NO fw for you!", lol, unless someone
    else knows otherwise for sure...?

    To bad, but it is still not a dealbreaker for me. I still think it is a
    good tablet.

    BitFlipper

    BitFlipper, Mar 12, 2007
  5. BitFlipper

    terri Guest

    I'm going to be seeing a new one today, so I'll let you know. Funny that
    they told me originally that there was one, but now their specs don't show
    it, so I'm agreeing with you that it probably doesn't have one.
    --
    Terri Stratton
    Microsoft Featured Community

    terri, Mar 12, 2007
  6. BitFlipper

    terri Guest

    Sorry for the delay in responding, but I just got the answer. Your
    assumptions are correct - there is no firewire on the R1F.

    terri, Mar 14, 2007
  7. BitFlipper

    BitFlipper Guest

    Thanks for looking into this! Yea, I have pretty much accepted that it most
    likely does not have FW, but it is good to know for sure.

    Makes you wonder how some of those sites could get their basic specs so wrong.

    BitFlipper

    BitFlipper, Mar 15, 2007
  8. BitFlipper

    terri Guest