    how it works. We've checked the Dell's online user's guide and system guide
    but couldn't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Russell

    RG, Jan 21, 2004

  2. RG

    Bill Joy Guest

    That may be normal. Fans come on automatically when needed.

    I suggest you download I8KfanGUI (which works fine with the
    CPx) to verify. It displays temperatures and fan status,
    plus allows direct control your fan if you want to make sure
    it works.

    http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

    Hi,

    We just bought a used Dell Latitude CPx H-Series Pentium III
    500. It
    appears to work fine but we noticed that the exhause fan is
    not spinning
    even though we had it running for over an hour. Does the
    fan come on when
    the computer is powered on or does it have to reach a
    certain temperature
    before it's activated? We don't want to power it on again
    until we're sure

    Bill Joy, Jan 21, 2004

  3. RG

    RG Guest