    does not hibernate at all.
    So is it possible to remotely wake up this motherboard from a sleep state?
    Thanks

    Gilgamesh, Nov 19, 2012

  2. Gilgamesh

    Paul Guest

    What does Device Manager tell you (for the NIC) ?

    Does the BIOS have "Wake On PME" like settings ?
    You'll need something like that enabled. There
    may be a PME for PCI and a PME for PCI Express.
    The NIC will be on one of those two bus choices.
    In this example, one setting controls both buses.

    http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1337/pme.gif

    And the NIC chip itself, has to support WOL with
    some flavor of packet. Some NICs have four trigger
    conditions, which you may see listed in a menu in
    Device Manager. This is my NIC.

    http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4596/wol.gif

    If the motherboard has two NICs, you have the
    added fun of configuring the one connected to the
    Internet.

    And the fun of ensuring all routing devices,
    will agree to pass the WOL packet. I don't know
    the details there. If the router(s) won't pass WOL,
    you could try "Wake on Link Change" but then the computer
    will be awake just about all the time. (The link is
    likely to be receiving packets all the time, of
    one sort and another.)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_on_lan

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 20, 2012

  3. Gilgamesh

    dftchicago Guest

    Dear Paul,

    Thanks for continuing to be there, and contribute (a lot.)

    Happy new year !!!

    Don

    dftchicago, Dec 30, 2012