    feature.

    Does GEForce 6800 have a similar feature?

    Please and thank you.

    FireBrick, Aug 14, 2005

  2. FireBrick

    Inglo Guest

    Why do you need that? That should happen without any user input.

    Inglo, Aug 14, 2005

  3. FireBrick

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, FireBrick ordered an army of
    hamsters to type:

    how do you mean?

    You can save profiles and restore them. Like after a driver update or
    something that'd overwrite your settings. Restoring your resolutions and
    monitor positions.

    Kokoro, Aug 14, 2005
  4. FireBrick

    Bushy Guest

    do you mean with two monitors connected, having itunes or outlook always
    open in the second monitor, sort of like a status screen so that your main
    desktop (monitor 1) is always clear from these things?

    I have no answer to your question, but have contemplated it with my 6600gt.
    it would be handy to send all the palettes and brushes and such in photoshop
    to the second monitor, so that the main desktop is clear. I haven't tied it
    in a while, but i recall it not remembering these positions last time i
    tried.

    Bushy, Aug 15, 2005
  5. FireBrick

    FireBrick Guest

    Should have made myself more clear.
    The Matrox multimonitor cards have a software option that it will remember
    the size and position of any PROGRAM window.
    You open Email on monitor 2 in the upper left corner with a certain size and
    it will always open there in that place and size till changed.

    Very Convenient....
    Can my NVIDIA card do something similar?

    FireBrick, Aug 21, 2005