    been replaced. There is no instruction to do this. The heat sink is held
    tight to the processor with spring loaded screws. Should the thermal grease
    have been cleaned and replaced?... Dean

    Dean-MN, Feb 2, 2008

  2. Dean-MN

    Taken Guest

    Probably not strictly necessary, but I'd certainly advise doing it. Gently
    get it off with a cotton bud and some acetone or cleaning alcohol, slap on
    some silver, spread it with a credit card, whack on the CPU, and you're
    there.

    My least favourite part of building PCs.

    Taken, Feb 2, 2008

  3. Dean-MN

    Taken Guest

    ^W heatsink

    Taken, Feb 2, 2008
  4. Dean-MN

    BigJim Guest

    yes

    BigJim, Feb 3, 2008
  5. Dean-MN

    Dean-MN Guest

    Thanks for the opinions. I'll be shopping for the needed items shortly...
    Dean

    Dean-MN, Feb 4, 2008