Does Tyan provide replacement I/O shields??

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Mian Atif, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Mian Atif

    Mian Atif Guest

    Hello people,

    I am about to get a used s5101ANNRF from an online retailer and it is
    a working pull from a system but it does not have the I/O shield.

    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience getting replacement
    I/O shields from Tyan for their newer boards??

    Alternately, does anyone know of any retailers anywhere in North
    America and/or stores in the Toronto area that will sell me the type
    of shield I want??

    The config of the shield ports on this particular mobo look like this:

    PS/2 LAN PARALLEL LAN (O) <---Sound
    USB USB (O) <---Card
    PS/2 USB COM1 COM2 USB (O) <---Ports

    I found one Asus replacement I/O shield on eBay that has all the holes
    BUT the one for the left LAN port. I know I could always cut one out
    but I would rather get one that I dont have to work on.

    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

    Mian Atif, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Mian Atif

    Michael Guest

    [snip]
    Yeah, Tyan just gave me one for free. Email them and see if they hook you
    up. Even if it's not free, they'd probably at least sell you one.

    Michael

    Michael, Dec 11, 2004