    well... I really need to change my present CPU Cooler to something better,
    Zalman's 7k+A-Cu seems to be the one! Does it fit on my motherboard ABIT
    NF7? I'm not sure about it.

    Darek /Cypiz/ Nowak, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Darek /Cypiz/ Nowak

    Bob Davis Guest

    It's not on Zalman's list of mobos that interfere with that HSF:

    http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/news/20030224.htm

    Bob Davis, Oct 18, 2003

  3. tnx Bob

    NF7 v2.0 isn't on that list... so It will work, hope so. All I need to do
    now is check if that cooler is available in my nearest store.

    Darek /Cypiz/ Nowak, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Darek /Cypiz/ Nowak

    Bob Davis Guest

    Well, my mobo (Gigabyte GA-8KNXP) wasn't on the list, but although it fit
    either the DPS2 fan had to be removed or the entire DPS2 module. What's
    more, the clearance on the RAM module in slot 1 was very tight. In fact,
    the HSF had to be nudged to remove or install that module.

    The DPS2 is unnecessary and I removed it without feeling cheated, and the
    RAM module isn't normally removed anyway. My point is that although my mobo
    isn't on the list, there were clearance problems that could be resolved to
    my satisfaction. But to others who might wish to have the DPS2 installed
    with fan the result might've been unacceptable. Zalman doesn't list this
    mobo as incompatible.

    Bob Davis, Oct 19, 2003