    source. Don't know if this is wishful thinking.

    Thanks for any help,

    Andrew

    Andrew Widgery, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Andrew Widgery

    a Guest

    Generally you will need software that has an spdif passthrough setting to output
    the 5.1 encoded signal. Cyberlink PowerDVD is generally preferred for this.

    a, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Andrew Widgery

    SL Guest

    I thought the 5.1 cards did the processing onboard or let a signal
    pass-thru. I have the Live Value Xgamer card ( CT4670 model) that has the
    1/4 in. jack for digital output. My card does not have the ability to
    decode 5.1. It simply has the ability to pass the raw signal off to
    something like your Home Theater reciever or specialty computer speakers.
    Like the other poster mentioned, I also use Cybermedia DVD player to produce
    the 5.1/AC3 signal. Most popular DVD software has some sort of "enable
    digital" or "use spdif" etc...

    I dont have your card, but I thought creative would provide the same
    functions as mine and add more.

    SL

    SL, Dec 9, 2003