Dont buy Dell Laptops if you want a product that you want to last longer!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ooha, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. ooha

    ooha Guest

    I wrote earlier :"Please don't buy Dell Laptops. My laptop had numerous
    problems. Dell replaced just about every part and eventually got me a
    refurbished Inspiron 8000 in the four years of warranty. Now the four years
    are over- Guess what! The 8000 does not boot up. Something wrong with the
    motherboard (as per Dell Technicians) all of a sudden. It says "no bootable
    drives'. (the piece was never abused- dropped or any such thing!!) I am so
    pissed.
    - I would never buy a DELL! And I suggest You do too."
    **************************************
    I believe that the maximum of 4 year warranty span is based on a statistical
    observation of their equipment failure rates. It is probably the 3-sigma
    spread of the distribution of failures of laptops.
    I am not kidding - just as the warranty passes, more shit happens.

    So- If you want to keep a solid product for a longer time- DO NOT BUY DELL
    LAPTOPS. I am not sure who else is better. But Dell Laptops stink for
    sure.

    I am not badmouthing DELL for all stuff. Their desktops are definitely
    better and more robust.

    ooha, Jul 6, 2004

  2. ooha

    Notan Guest

    While your first post might have elicited some sympathy/empathy,
    your repeated posts are serving no purpose other than to make you
    look foolish.

    Notan

    Notan, Jul 6, 2004

  3. ooha

    Mercury Guest

    Ooha -- didn't your mommy tell you that whiners get very little sympathy and
    that people who repeatedly spam this group with the same sorry story
    generally get none? Your warranty expired, grow up and buy a new computer,
    that is if your mommy didn't buy you your last computer, in which case tell
    ask her to wipe away your tears and buy you another laptop!

    Mercury, Jul 6, 2004
  4. The organic entity known as ooha communicated the following:
    At least the first time you said "please".
    Don't be disappointed that I will not follow your suggestion. However from
    you post I can determine that extra warranty is not necessary, since the
    laptops will function flawlessly from those first 1461 days. Good tip,
    thank you ;)

    Hans

    LaVacheQuiRit, Jul 6, 2004
  5. <yawn>...another day, another troll.

    Rocky

    Rocket J. Squirrel, Jul 6, 2004
  6. ooha

    S.Lewis Guest

    Would someone please take this tricycle outside? Someone's going to trip
    over it in here....

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jul 6, 2004
  7. when it comes to statistic it is often said that local polls are inaccurate.
    the sample size in your analysis is one. you can not get any less accurate
    than when you extrapolate statistical truths from a sample size of one.
    furthermore you completely ignore the quality, better or worse, of
    alternatives. all said, your statements are meaningless and a waste of your
    and everyone else's time.

    Christopher Muto, Jul 6, 2004

  8. As I posted previously, I will gladly pay for shipping if you'd like to
    unload that laptop. email me and we'll work it out.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Jul 6, 2004