Don't ever buy SOYO motherboard. Tech Support sucks

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Flavio, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. Flavio

    Flavio Guest

    Soyousa has still not posted on their website or knowledgebase
    anything about the incompatability with their P4i865PE
    motherboard, SP2 and Prescott CPU issue. This is a disgrace.

    Time is money, and so it appears, they'd rather have customers
    opening trouble tickets, or calling about a known issue.

    I've owned other motherboards in the past, Abit, Asus, Intel,
    and now Soyo. This is the last time I'll think of saving money
    with a cheap product. You get what you pay for. They don't even
    have the tech support phone number on line. First you call their
    head office, and the greeting immediately states that if you
    want tech support, to call a different number. HOW STUPID. They
    should add it to their website, and stop an already frustrated
    customer with more BS.

    Just had to get that off my chest.

    Flavio.

    Flavio, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Flavio

    Kylesb Guest

    | Soyousa has still not posted on their website or knowledgebase
    | anything about the incompatability with their P4i865PE
    | motherboard, SP2 and Prescott CPU issue. This is a disgrace.

    <snip>

    | Just had to get that off my chest.
    |
    | Flavio.

    There IS a Soyo newsgroup, have you looked there for
    answers/assistance?

    Kylesb, Sep 6, 2004

  3. Flavio

    Hasj Pee Guest

    Asus Support sucks too, but all motherboard manufacturers support just sucks
    ;-)

    Hasj Pee, Sep 6, 2004
  4. Flavio

    JK Guest

    I have never used support departments for any motherboard that has
    passed my hands.

    You did not mention here what the problem is. It should support
    Prescott for sure.

    If SP2 is the problem, I would not blaim Soyo. Live without SP2 for
    some months more, until a better version comes. SP2 is almost of no
    value anyway.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Flavio

    Ed Guest

    I had a NB fan die on 3 month old ABIT board, I contacted ABIT USA
    through email, 5 days later I had a new NB hs/fan, no questions asked,
    but 9 months later the board died so I bought a Soyo that's still
    running for today (2+ years) but I'll take an Asus board any day, Asus
    is still my favorite.
    Ed

    Ed, Sep 6, 2004
  6. Flavio

    Andy T Guest

    Asus tech supprt is the worst I have EVER dealt with its garbage.
    Regards Andy T

    Andy T, Sep 6, 2004
  7. Flavio

    Tim Guest

    Motherboard manufacturers are not there to provide end user support. To do
    this they would require droves of staff speaking multitudes of languages, a
    call center and infrastructure. This would escalate the cost of the products
    to being unafordable for many.

    Support should be sought either through the vendor you pruchased from, news
    groups, or technical associates. Motherboards are not really "end user
    components". To install and configure one can take quite some skill -
    ideally none, but technology is always changing...

    It is a disgrace that Soyo *and* others have not posted declarations of
    Prescott compatability. It is not a Soyo specific problem, it is an industry
    problem. They may be bound by non discosure agreements with Intel to stop
    them from advertising issues with Intel chips. At the end of the day, it is
    an *Intel* problem and Intel should be being pro-active in declaring the
    situation. Again, the US Press and others are failing balanced reporting by
    failing to publicise this issue. If it were a MS bug, then they would be all
    over it. Clearly they see it is not a MS bug as they are not all over it
    even though it affects XP.

    I suspect there have been enough issues with Intel for motherboard
    manufacturers in recent months for them to be feeling a lot of pain. Take
    the recall of the LGA related products as an example. This has no doubt
    taken millions of profit from them.

    2 cents.

    - Tim

    Tim, Sep 8, 2004
  8. Flavio

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    It is NOT clear at all that it's an Intel problem. It might really be an MS
    problem. OR it might really be a mobo mfg problem. None of em are really
    talkin so that we aren't getting a full picture of what the problem really
    is. The issue is about encrypted CPU microcode pages getting load into the
    CPU at POST time. What version that microcode is? What version is
    needed/required? Hell many didn't even know this process existed.
    Certainly the mobo mfgs are NOT publishing which microcode version for each
    Intel CPU stepping is present in each mobo BIOS version. There are many
    such microcode pages in every current mobo BIOS and their presence is mostly
    invisible and therefore not open to scrutiny and verification.
    Clearly neither Intel nor MS was so proactive. It was Cari in mid Aug. 2004
    and some others who DID report the issue in June 2004 under RC2.
    It's been reported in the press.
    NO, the problem is that no one knows whose responsibility it is as the
    issue is so obscure and so little talked about that ...don't know. I
    suspect that is really the overall problem is that no one ever assigned
    responsibility and no one ever took responsibility. MS and Intel have been
    very circumspect over this issue; releasing the absolute minimum
    information possible.

    We'd have a better picture of what was going on if we knew exactly what MS's
    XP module update.sys actually is supposed to do.

    Ron Reaugh, Sep 8, 2004
  9. Flavio

    Tim Guest

    Ron,

    You need to read the responses to your own posts more carefully and do some
    more research.

    The problem in this instance, that you do not know enough about it and are
    basing your own arguments on assumptions.

    - Tim

    Tim, Sep 8, 2004
  10. Flavio

    Ron Reaugh Guest