Doom 3 delayed apparently

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Danny, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Danny, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Richard Dower, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Well now we can say we have to buy a GeForce 5 to run Doom III.

    :)

    Richard Dower, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Technically won't it Be Geforce 6?

    Tulio E. Pontacoloni, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Danny

    First of One Guest

    GeforceFX II Titanium Ultra HyperMax... add "Jumbo PowerPack !!!!! Golden
    Sample" if you are Gainward. :p

    First of One, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Nahhh they will call it Doom 4 now.

    Live For The One Die For The One, Jul 23, 2003
  7. Danny

    stanlin810 Guest

    Where's Duke Nukem?

    stanlin810, Jul 23, 2003
  8. Danny

    MICHAEL Guest

    Anybody remember Daikatana?It was hyped to the hilt for years,too,then sunk
    like the Titanic when it came out.
    Maybe if these game developers concentrated on gameplay and plot instead of
    maxing out the graphics to a point
    where half the computers out there can't run them,they'd have more
    success.Unreal 2 doesn't seem to be flying off
    the shelves,in fact most places have cut prices on it by $10.00.

    MICHAEL, Jul 23, 2003
  9. If they keep this crap up, I wont even bother buying it if and when it comes
    out. This is crazy.

    Neil E. Baird, Jul 23, 2003
  10. Danny

    Darthy Guest

    ??? The GeForce5 has been on the market for a few months....

    5200, 5600, 5900... heard of them?

    Darthy, Jul 23, 2003
  11. Danny

    Darthy Guest

    Well, this is a different thing... Daikatana, when it came out had
    sub-standard graphics, bad AI and stupid countrols... And killing
    little robotic spiders all day is not fun.

    Doom3 is not being hyped the way Daikatana is.
    Most games have weak plots... when has DOOM, Unreal or Quake had a
    "STONG PLOT"? Gameplay is #1, Graphics is #2.

    But yeah, I gather that is what happened to DukeNukem... 4+ years
    late... :( If it ever comes out, I doubt anyone would care. They
    need to just fix any bugs and put it out - without hype. If people
    like it, they do... don't try to make it into some Super Game... and
    sell it for $20 or so... who knows... who really cares.
    Unreal2 is old enough to warrant the $10 off in most places.
    GTA-Vice City is about a month or so old... but Best Buy had it on
    sale for $30.

    Do you have sales figures for Unreal2 to determine its sucess or
    failure?

    Here's my take: UT2003, super graphics - plays well on a GF3 (minim
    required) with LOW graphic modes. On the TI4200, fairly high details
    and with the ATI-9700/GF5900 - MAX details without a sweat.

    The game looks good, its fairly solid now. The maps and skins are
    AWSOME. But the game as a few flaws...

    1 - Game feels odd, kinda like Quake (UT shouldnt be a Quake), but
    worse - the WEAPONS SUCK, the stupid designers built in shit to mak
    some-what good guns unfun to use... the the OLD Sniper Rifle in UT was
    replaced with the Lightning Gun (These weapons ALWAYS SUCK) - which
    most people feared WOULD SUCK and it DID, worse thatn *I* expected.
    Which was made worse with a DELAYED shot and a TINY forced little
    SCOPE window (If you have a 19" monitor, the scope would be about 5
    inches scross ARGH). its SHIT.

    Look at the sniper rfile in Unreal 2 and its an AWSOME weapon, nice
    SCOPE effects, excellent range and a super-ZOOM feature that rocks.

    Heres a site with them both side by side:

    http://ap.terrabox.com/new/newpics.htm

    Go down to the 11th thumb nail, it shows UT2003, and #12 shows
    Unreal2. or search for the word "shitty". Be sure to look at the
    China map screen shots linked at the top, looks like a cool map.

    Oh, a bit off topic, below is a link showing how a few changes in
    UT(original) INI file can make the game look better:
    http://ap.terrabox.com/sshots/shots2.htm

    The other problems with UT2003 is the ability to find other live
    players as NPC (bots) are counted for server population!! Or howabout
    other PLAYER views of your team mates. etc etc

    Hopefully, UT2004 will FIX these little problems! BTW, there are
    some servers out there for UT2003 which uses MOD weapons, such as a
    proper Sniper Rifle, the rocket launcher holds 6 shots and a few other
    cool weapons that TOTALLY MAKES UT2003 a fun and playable game!

    I rarely play on PLAIN UT2003 servers... the wepons SUCK.

    Darthy, Jul 23, 2003
  12. Danny

    Danny Guest

    It was originally announced in June 2000. A release date was *never*
    mentioned until this year, when November 2003 was touted. It's had a delay,
    it's not the end of the world. If it's delayed again I think we have room to
    be concerned. But what's important is it turns out as good as it can be.

    Danny, Jul 23, 2003
  13. Danny

    Danny Guest

    How can I forget that.
    That's because it was an appallingly poor game.
    Which didn't really happen in Daikatana. The graphics were based on the
    Quake 2 engine and it looked horrendously dated.
    Due to the bad/average reviews it got.

    Danny, Jul 23, 2003
  14. Danny

    Danny Guest

    You know you're kidding yourself.

    Danny, Jul 23, 2003
  15. Danny

    Danny Guest

    'ho ho' :D

    Danny, Jul 23, 2003
  16. Danny

    Danny Guest

    I agree.
    Disagree. I await HL2 with a heck of a lot of anticipation too.
    Huge fan of the original and the sequel looks excellent.
    But I still vehemently object to people comparing the 2 - they're very
    different games albeit in the same genre.
    I'll continue to play through the games I currently have, Doom 3's absence
    isn't ruining my life!

    Danny, Jul 23, 2003
  17. Danny

    Danny Guest

    *ahem* - Doom features arachnatrons.
    Not the same way no, but to the same intensity, yes. Daikatana was hyped by
    Ion Storm as the dawn of the Messiah, Romero's finest hour.
    Doom 3 is hyped by the fan community - id just make the odd announcement
    here and there.
    It's Doom - they don't need to hype it.
    Doom did have a strong plot - 'bloke on earth hears his m8s up on Mars are
    being killed off by demons from hell after a portal scientists up there were
    working on gets hijacked, and now bloke has to sort these demonic dudes
    out' - it's the stuff of Hollywood, I tell you.
    Vast majority of gamers have forgotten about DN4.
    Games go on sale pretty quickly these days.
    Well I don't.
    Why on earth did a post about Doom 3 turn into a review of UT2003?

    Danny, Jul 23, 2003
  18. Danny

    fball Guest

    I just recently read that it had just gone Gold and was coming out early Aug..

    So what are you meant to believe..

    fball, Jul 23, 2003
  19. Danny

    fball Guest

    They did the same for Halo back in 1999 as I have mags with pics of it.

    fball, Jul 23, 2003
  20. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Read this where.