Doom 3 - Minimum Spec System Bench - Doom 3

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by )-()-(, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. )-()-(

    )-()-( Guest

    http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0LDU=

    Thanks HARDOCP !!

    I'm gonna be playing with a 1.33Ghz Tualatin, GF4 4200 running at
    300/600, 512mb, Audigy 1,
    so this is encouraging.

    "There is no doubt that DOOM 3’s minimum system specifications can
    easily deliver a good gaming experience. We found it simply incredible
    that a system this old could run DOOM 3 at all, much less run it well.
    It may be hard to believe, but we can honestly recommend spending $50 on
    DOOM 3 if you have a system comparable to this. You can still have a
    very worthy DOOM 3 experience with it."

    Any other low end machines like mine anyone is planning to use for Doom
    3 ?

    )-()-(, Jul 30, 2004

  2. )-()-(

    Jelle Guest

    A friend om mine is yes, she got a xp 1600 and 512mb, plus a 4200 128mb. I
    think she will play in 800x600, cause thats what she always does. And in a
    way, me too, got a p4 2.6 with 768mb ddr, but the videocard is low-end these
    days, 4200 64mb, so I very much doubt that I will have a much better
    gaming-experience than you will ;-).

    Jelle, Jul 30, 2004

  3. )-()-(

    First of One Guest

    "Good gaming experience" means 25-30 fps in this case at 800x600. Had this
    game been marketed as a multiplayer-oriented shooter, the speed would not be
    considered acceptable at all...

    First of One, Jul 30, 2004