Doom 3 on Pentium III 450 with fx5200

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, May 16, 2004.

  1. Well after having played with halo, homeworld 2, t3, cod and rtcw I saw
    somebody's message wondering if doom3 would work on his system.

    So I started wondering too... would doom3 alpha again work on my system but
    this time with fx5200... since all the other games were still playable... I
    just had to find out =D

    This screenshot says it all :)

    http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspace.com/Doom3with4FPS.JPG

    It went like this:

    1. I went to www.doom3world.org

    2. Then I tried installing older drivers, no luck.

    3. Then I installed RivaTuner and enabled nv40 emulation and bingo, it's
    working !
    ( I wonder if this nv40 emulation would make my tnt2 even look good ! )

    I did discover one bad thing and that is that RivaTuner showed that my
    fx5200 is in fact a 64 bit version ? hmmmm weird... I am not sure if that is
    true or not... if it is true I find this somewhat misleading advertising of
    asus and nvidia :p :D

    I am not sure if my TNT2 is agp 4x... maybe my fx5200 is just 2x... so maybe
    I should give the tnt2 another try with this emulation going on or so... or
    maybe it won't work.

    Well I will now continue my tuning of doom3... and squezing more cpu power
    out of my system since I haven't even started tuning yet... ok will just a
    little... ansithropic shit off, high performance nvidia settings, firewall
    off, etc... oops better hurry with this message.

    So all you nay-sayers and fuckers out there... lol... saying that my system
    can't possibly get 5 tot 30 fps on halo... eat your fucking hart out lol
    !!!! hahahahaha

    ( even doom 3 is getting 3 to 7 fps hihihihihi )

    Bye, Bye,

    On happy,

    Skybuck :)

    Skybuck Flying, May 16, 2004

  2. Well I will now continue my tuning of doom3... and squezing more cpu power
    Tuning an FX5200 is like polishing a turd. It's still shit.

    Mr. Brian Allen, May 16, 2004

  3. Skybuck Flying

    Folk Guest

    LOL

    Folk, May 16, 2004
  4. Skybuck Flying

    Darthy Guest

    LOL!!!

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    Darthy, May 18, 2004