    Made is dual boot, W98se and W XP.
    From W98se I can go into real Dos mode, have got plenty of old Dos games.
    Problem is I can not find any Dos sound drivers.
    Via sound drivers do not work
    Does anyone know what I can use or try on this M/B?

    The other drivers I am looking for is for my Logitech Extreme Digital 3D, on
    my Usb port.
    The bios does have a Usb Dos driver.
    Thanks
    Bert

    Bert, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Bert

    tcsenter Guest

    Your audio is Realtek based. Drivers can be downloaded from:

    www.realtek.com.tw

    tcsenter, Jul 13, 2006

  3. Bert

    Bert Guest

    Your audio is Realtek based. Drivers can be downloaded from:

    www.realtek.com.tw

    True but only Windows drivers, the driver cd does also not have any dos
    drivers
    Thank you Tcsenter

    Bert, Jul 13, 2006
  4. Bert

    JimL Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:14:50 +0200, "Bert"
    <lijbertv_at_xsinet_dot_co_dot_za> wrote:

    >Hello all
    >My m/b is a ECS P4M800PRO-M
    >Has got Realtek ac97 sound.
    >Made is dual boot, W98se and W XP.
    >From W98se I can go into real Dos mode, have got plenty of old Dos games.
    >Problem is I can not find any Dos sound drivers.
    >Via sound drivers do not work
    >Does anyone know what I can use or try on this M/B?
    >
    >The other drivers I am looking for is for my Logitech Extreme Digital 3D, on
    >my Usb port.
    >The bios does have a Usb Dos driver.
    >Thanks
    >Bert

    Windows 98 support was dropped last week. Dos support was dropped 10
    years ago.

    JimL, Jul 16, 2006
  5. Bert

    Bert Guest

    > On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:14:50 +0200, "Bert"
    > <lijbertv_at_xsinet_dot_co_dot_za> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello all
    > >My m/b is a ECS P4M800PRO-M
    > >Has got Realtek ac97 sound.
    > >Made is dual boot, W98se and W XP.
    > >From W98se I can go into real Dos mode, have got plenty of old Dos games.
    > >Problem is I can not find any Dos sound drivers.
    > >Via sound drivers do not work
    > >Does anyone know what I can use or try on this M/B?
    > >
    > >The other drivers I am looking for is for my Logitech Extreme Digital 3D,

    on
    > >my Usb port.
    > >The bios does have a Usb Dos driver.
    > >Thanks
    > >Bert

    > Windows 98 support was dropped last week. Dos support was dropped 10
    > years ago.

    I did see in a lot of forums from people with similar problems as me, also
    looking for dos drivers.
    Someone must have the driver question solved in pure dos mode, even a partly
    working would do.
    Thanks
    Bert.

    Bert, Jul 16, 2006
  6. Bert

    tcsenter Guest

    < True but only Windows drivers, the driver cd does also not have any
    dos
    > drivers
    > Thank you Tcsenter

    Realtek did maintain 98/SE/DOS drivers until quite recently, IIRC. You
    might try contacting Realtek Support and politely request a link to
    their last DOS driver release.

    And older VIA audio driver release would probably work in DOS, but VIA
    pulled DOS support on VT8233 and later Southbridges several months ago.

    Best Regards

    tcsenter, Jul 16, 2006
  7. Bert

    Bert Guest

    > < True but only Windows drivers, the driver cd does also not have any
    > dos
    > > drivers
    > > Thank you Tcsenter

    > Realtek did maintain 98/SE/DOS drivers until quite recently, IIRC. You
    > might try contacting Realtek Support and politely request a link to
    > their last DOS driver release.
    >
    > And older VIA audio driver release would probably work in DOS, but VIA
    > pulled DOS support on VT8233 and later Southbridges several months ago.
    >
    > Best Regards

    Thank you very much tcsenter
    Got a few versions Via sound drivers but those do not work work with my M/B.
    It is terrible when you get old and do not see the obvious.
    Wil have a look tonight at the Realtek site and see if there is a mail
    address.
    Will report back if I find something.
    Greetings
    Bert.

    Bert, Jul 17, 2006
  8. Bert

    tcsenter Guest

    Bert wrote:

    > Someone must have the driver question solved in pure dos mode, even a partly
    > working would do.

    Probably they have, by acquiring a PCI sound card that still has DOS
    driver support instead of integrated audio.

    tcsenter, Jul 19, 2006
  9. Bert

    Bert Guest

    > > Someone must have the driver question solved in pure dos mode, even a

    partly
    > > working would do.

    > Probably they have, by acquiring a PCI sound card that still has DOS
    > driver support instead of integrated audio.

    Hello tcsenter
    In two days got a reply from Realtek.

    I'm sorry . We don't support Dos driver for AC'97 Audio system .

    Maybe an other audio card is the easiest way out, if I can get one with a
    game port included.
    Thank you
    Bert.

    Bert, Jul 19, 2006
  10. Bert

    DARKTHC

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sound in dos ....

    Google for DOSSOUND .... By georgpotthast

    DARKTHC, Mar 8, 2011