    Apple Menu >> Recent Items submenu.

    Mac iBook G4, OS 10.3.9, fairly vanilla setup.

    Something I've done wrong, or should fix?

    AES, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Nothing you've done wrong, and I recently ran into the same issue and
    couldn't figure out how to fix it. It was driving me bananas. It
    started around the time I got an external backup drive, so that may have
    instigated it, but it happened even with all other drives unhooked.

    I dug around Google, and found a solution in a message board on
    macosx.com:

    Fire up the Terminal and enter the following, all as one command:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/
    Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/
    lsregister -kill -r -domain system -domain local -domain user

    (I added line breaks manually, but note that there are no spaces until
    after the "lsregister" command.)

    It might be easier to cut-and-paste from original message, which is here:
    http://macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1326054

    Does that do the trick?

    Garner Miller, Aug 23, 2006