    concrete information on just what this setting does. And most of that seems
    to indicate the opposite, that it's meant to improve FPS by setting it
    higher, because the card will render ahead on its downtime.

    Jeremy Reaban, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Jeremy Reaban

    First of One Guest

    What you read is correct. Setting the prerender limit higher normally should
    improve performance, at the expense of possible mouse lag. Could be a driver
    bug.

    Do you have VSync enabled? Toggle it and see if the situation becomes
    reversed.

    First of One, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Jeremy Reaban

    Paul Goodhew Guest

    a possible downside of this setting is that setting it lower could result in
    "tearing". it's a problem in FPS games but not so bad for slow moving RPGs.

    Paul Goodhew, Mar 31, 2006