Dragon Lite and XP2400 at 133fsb HELP ME!!!

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Bryan G, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. Bryan G

    Bryan G Guest

    Bios revision kxbl2aa8, XP2400 will not post at 133mhz FSB (2.0ghz).
    However it will post at 100mgz FSB (1.5ghz) and run flawlessly.

    Bios revision kxbl2aa7, same as above.

    Bios revision kxbl2aa6, XP2400 will boot at 100mgz FSB (1.5ghz) and
    perform flawlessly. XP2400 will boot at 133mhz FSB (2.0ghz), yet
    Windows XP Pro encounters numbers performance counter errors, contants
    fatal exception errors, the video is horridly artifacted, as if a
    codec were wrong (which is not the case as video is extensively viewed
    properly on the prior cpu or this one at the lower 100mhz FSB). The
    sound also is unstable and quite erratic with constant static noises
    during mp3/wav playback.

    The previous CPU was an Athlon 1400, performance was flawless.
    Rest of the configuration consists of :
    power magic 450w psu
    3x Crucial 512 pc2100
    PNY geforce 5200 ultra
    SB Audigy 2 platinum
    linksys NIC
    Promise IDE controller
    1 200gb WD drive, 1 80gb WD drive, 1 80gb Maxtor drive
    Sony DVDRW DRU-510
    Memorex 52/24/52 cdr

    Every single part performs without error with Athlon 1400 installed,
    as well as the 2400 at 100fsb.

    Bryan G, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Bryan G

    Stuart Guest

    Just updated to BIOS revision kxb12aa7....
    having a similar problem.

    CPU type is XP2100 with a 266mhz fsb. When the FSB clock is set to
    100mhz, computer boots fine. Set at 133mhz, the computer will not
    post.

    CPU seems fine at 1.5Ghz, no errors like Bryan.

    Any suggestions?

    Stuart, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Bryan G

    Woobie Guest

    I think you have the problem that I had when I first got my board. Go into
    bios and under "soyo combo features," see if there is an option for "cpu to
    pci divider." Set it at "/5" and then set at 133 mhz. See if that works.
    Joe

    Woobie, Nov 14, 2003