"drawing distances" in games (MoH Spearhead) with GF FX5600...

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by GO, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. GO

    GO Guest

    I've just recently upgraded my video card from a GeForce 2 MX 400 to a
    GeForce FX5600 and have noticed an odd occurence in Spearhead since doing
    so. Most maps seem to display ok but several have a very limited drawing
    distance (ie the background just pops in out of no where). The only map I
    can think of off the top of my head that does this is Verschneit). I thought
    this was odd because, relatively speaking, it is quite an enclosed map.
    Although the maps where I thought this would possibly occur (eg Malta and
    Holland) display perfectly. I have tried adjusting a variety of the the
    in-game settings as well as the driver setting but nothing seems to make a
    difference.

    Another slight issue that I noticed is that walls/objects in the distance
    appear to be "covered" in a haze but clears up as I approach them.

    I am presently running Win2k with the latest nVidia drivers.
    The only other game that I am playing right now is Grand Theft Auto - Vice
    City and I am having no issues with it.

    Any thoughts?

    TIA

    Greg