    Is there an equivalent on via amd boards?

    Thanks
    Paul

    Paul C, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Paul C

    Athura Guest

    Does it have any negatives in performance or otherwise ?

    Athura, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Paul C

    Paul C Guest

    Intel app accelerator lets you choose (on drives that support it) the
    accoustic management setting.
    Ie fastest performance or quietest operation.

    Many maxtor drive arrive set to quiet mode. By turning off you can shave
    2-3ms off the access times and to me it hardly sounds much louder.
    Most of my noise is from fans.

    Paul

    Paul C, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Paul C

    S.Heenan Guest

    http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

    Download the Feature Tool ver.1.92. It allows changing of the AAM.

    S.Heenan, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Paul C

    Paul C Guest

    Thanks for that as I have some IBM/Hitachi drives.

    Paul

    Paul C, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Paul C

    S.Heenan Guest

    I've used it on several non-Hitachi/IBM hard drives.

    S.Heenan, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Paul C

    Paul C Guest

    Cool. Thanks again.