    A friend also sees the same problem.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Send it back is an option I'm looking at.

    gramps, Oct 24, 2003

  2. gramps

    kony Guest

    The estimate sounds bad, but how long does it actually take? If
    you're not willing to wait that long, at least note the transfer
    speed. Many systems are dog-slow if you don't enable (or even have an
    option to enable) busmaster IDE in the BIOS. That setting alone can
    cause a DriveImage backup to change from 150MB/s to 1GB/s on hard
    drive backups I've done in the past, though I've not tried with a DVD.

    Dave

    kony, Oct 24, 2003

  3. gramps

    Joep Guest

    I bet that if I would be standing next to you I'd also 'see' the same
    problem.

    Joep, Oct 24, 2003
  4. gramps

    Al-Majid Guest

    I bet that if I would be standing next to you I'd also 'see' the same
    problem.
    [/QUOTE]

    I'm sure I would see a *different* problem.

    Al-Majid, Oct 24, 2003
  5. gramps

    Lil' Dave Guest

    I've already gone through this issue. DI 7.0 backs up to CD/DVD writers.
    Its using the native writing of XP to CD. You can only write to CD in the
    DVD writer for DI 7.0 The backup time seems appropriate and is
    appropriate using a 2GHz or better processor. You're much better off
    writing to hard disk, then writing the image file(s) in DVD data format
    (ISO) with NERO. This was my experience with a TDK DVD R/W 420N.

    You may have what may end up appear being a successful backup, there will be
    no data on it. Just a session with no data.
    Dave

    Lil' Dave, Oct 24, 2003
  6. gramps

    gramps Guest

    Joep,

    Thanks for the grammatical correction and for placing some humor into
    an otherwise annoying situation.

    gramps, Oct 25, 2003