    files. It's odd, because the "Properties" lists the the CD as a CD-R.

    Anyway, is there an updated driver for this drive or something else I should
    try?

    David L. Leon, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Hi David,

    I wouldn't use a CD writer in a server. Move it to a workstation.

    Marina Roos [SBS-MVP], Sep 28, 2004

  3. David L. Leon

    Ben Myers Guest

    As someone else indicated, using a CD/DVD burner on a server is not the usual
    practice. But it's OK if CD/DVD burning does not interfere with people using
    the server, i.e. you burn CDs or DVDs during a time when hardly anybody is
    accessing the server.

    SBS 2003 does not provide any CD/DVD burning drivers because there aren't any to
    provide. And it apparently only recognizes the drive as a CD-R, somewhat the
    Windows default for CD/DVD drives of all types.

    To burn CDs or DVDs, you need to install a package from Roxio (EZ CD Creator),
    Ahead (Nero Burning) or NTI, three of the more popular CD/DVD burning packages.

    One last comment: You want to run the Pavilion a630n as a server???? Ouch! The
    Pavilion a630n is a cheap consumer personal computer, not fit for use as a
    server. Why not a low-end HP, Dell, or IBM server, built for far more reliable
    operation??? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 28, 2004