    Everything loads but a driver for "Audio Device on High Definition Audio
    Bus. I installed the drivers for the GiGabyte disk and even went to
    Realtek's site and got there drivers. Any solutions?

    Joe, May 10, 2009

  2. Joe

    Paul Guest

    HDaudio consists of two parts. The Microsoft UAA driver. And
    the RealTek specific parts from their package.

    RealTek probably bundles a version of UAA with the driver.
    But sometimes there is an issue with the version of UAA
    already installed in the OS, and the rest of the package.

    This is a procedure suggested by Asus Tech Support for
    their customers.

    *******
    1)Go in safe mode

    2)Disable the HD audio device under Sound Video Games
    controllers, do not uninstall it here!

    3)Disable under the system devices "Microsoft UAA bus driver for high
    definition audio", do not uninstall it here!

    4)Now uninstall the "Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition audio"
    (via this device manager in safe mode), the HD audio device will then
    also be uninstalled automatically

    5)Install the latest driver for your motherboard.

    In case you can not uninstall the UAA driver, go to microsoft.com and
    find KB888111. It has some regedit instructions to remove KB888111.

    *******

    Those instructions were originally posted here.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/77024692fb903eb4?dmode=source

    Paul

    Paul, May 10, 2009

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Thanks Paul, I went back and looked and it finally installed. after I
    had disabled it.

    Joe, May 10, 2009