    is it xp?

    any info would be appreciated.

    thanks

    Neil, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Neil

    Derek_D Guest

    Have you updated to the most recent video drivers? Out of date video
    drivers will often cause games to crash.

    Derek_D, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Neil

    Aaron Guest

    Run Windows Update, and do a virus and spyware scan.

    Aaron

    Aaron, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Neil

    DaveW Guest

    You might want to list the SPECIFIC video card, CPU, motherboard, and power
    supply models you are using. You have NOT included enough information to
    make any intelligent guesses as to what's wrong.

    DaveW, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Neil

    willah Guest

    yeah, the drivers for ATi and nVidia cards have both been a little
    wonky lately, Nvidia much more so though.

    willah, Jun 16, 2004
  6. More likely than not your problem comes from your video card not being
    OpenGL compliant or not supporting the latest OpenGL standards. Just
    because your video card is compatible with Win XP does not mean it
    will be compatible with 3D FPS games. These games often require video
    card that support the latest OpenGL standards and have sufficient
    video RAM on-board. You will probably need a video card with at the
    very least 32MB of RAM. Your PC should also have no less than 256 MB
    of RAM.

    Carlos Alvarado, Jun 17, 2004