    like to turn hardware acceleration back on, hoping that would
    work with new drivers.

    Thanks in advance,

    Guest, Apr 30, 2007

  2. Guest

    deimos Guest

    The newest official 158.19 drivers can be made to support the 7900, it's
    only a matter of adding it to the .inf file before installing. See a
    similar post on Guru3D:

    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=223244

    If you feel adventurous, go with the 165 series. I've been stable with
    158 on my 8800GTS.

    deimos, May 1, 2007

  3. Guest

    John Lewis Guest

    This intrigues me a little, as I am potentially interested in
    acquiring PP2.0.

    (a) If you remove one of the cards, do you still have to turn hardware
    acceleration off ?

    (b) What display configuration(s) are you driving with the two cards ?

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, May 3, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    John Lewis writes:

    John> This intrigues me a little, as I am potentially interested in
    John> acquiring PP2.0.

    John> (a) If you remove one of the cards, do you still have to turn hardware
    John> acceleration off ?

    I did not try that. The problem went away. It had persisted for about four
    weeks (before which I had not used the program for a few months). It went
    away when I turned off HWA completely. After I was pretty convinced it was gone,
    I tried turning HWA back on in increments. Now for several days, and a couple
    of reboots, the slow behavior has not come back with HWA back to full.

    I have no clue where it came from. The slowness was completely isolated to PP2.0.
    After Effects, Photoshop, and all the other software I was running performed very
    well. Nothing odd showed up in Task Manager, lots of spare memory and CPU cycles.

    John> (b) What display configuration(s) are you driving with the two cards ?

    Two Dell 2405 flat panel monitors.

    BTW, Adobe has a new version of PP, CS3. Ditto for most of their other products.
    Should start shipping around now, if not already.

    Guest, May 4, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    writes:

    John> This intrigues me a little, as I am potentially interested in
    John> acquiring PP2.0.

    John> (a) If you remove one of the cards, do you still have to turn hardware
    John> acceleration off ?
    John> (b) What display configuration(s) are you driving with the two cards ?

    whoops, the slowness just came back. A quick toggle of two notches
    down on the hardware acceleration, then back up fixed it. But it is
    annoying.

    Guest, May 4, 2007