    will an ATI PCI-E x16 card work in a x16 slot running at x8?

    Thanks for any advice.

    Derek

    Derek, Nov 3, 2005

  2. There isn't even a snowball's chance in hell of getting 2 ATI cards to
    work on an NF4 board. If you did 30 seconds of research, you could have
    avoiding posting such a noob question.

    Am I Batman or Superman? I'm so confused.

    Batman or Superman, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Derek

    J. Clarke Guest

    He didn't say that he wanted to run SLI. He wants 4 monitors, which would
    pretty much preclude SLI. Do you have any reason to believe that dual ATI
    boards will not work in a PCI Express motherboard if one is not attempting
    to run SLI?

    J. Clarke, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Derek

    First of One Guest

    Yes. It will work. In fact, a 6800 and a X800 can co-exist in the same
    system, though the drivers are not 100% stable.

    First of One, Nov 11, 2005