Dual Cards More Than Two Monitors?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by =\(8\), Jun 12, 2007.

  1. =\(8\)

    =\(8\) Guest

    Hello,

    I am getting ready to attempt to add a third and maybe in the future a
    fourth monitor to my system. I have an Intel D975XBX2 motherboard, I have an
    ATI Radeon 1650 video card in one of the two PCI Express slots. My OS is
    Windows Vista Ultimate. From what I understand I need a second ATI Radeon
    1650 PCI Express video card which I have and of course the extra monitor. I
    have that too. From what I understand I install the second card, but do not
    activate the Crossfire function, Windows should then allow me to use the
    third monitor like it currently does the two I am using now. Is this right?
    Any thing else I need to do? I have looked on the ATI site as well as the
    documentation that came with the video card and find nothing dealing with
    using more than two monitors. I have looked on the internet and have found a
    few things (needing two of the same family of cards so they can also use one
    driver, etc.)

    Any feedback and information sources would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    =(8)

    =\(8\), Jun 12, 2007

  2. =\(8\)

    First of One Guest

    Correct. With a second card installed, provisions for 4 monitors show up in
    Display Properties and ATi Catalyst Control Center.

    First of One, Jun 13, 2007

  3. =\(8\)

    =\(8\) Guest

    Yep, I was surprised at just how painless this was.

    =(8)

    =\(8\), Jun 14, 2007