Dual Channel RAM on FIC AU13?

Discussion in 'FIC' started by deefault, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. deefault

    deefault Guest

    Hello!

    I have a question for the members of this NG. I've recently installed
    an AU13 (with an Athlon XP 1700+, 512MB Centon RAM x2, 500W power
    supply, WD 80GB HD, 52X CD-ROM) and while adjusting the settings to
    overclock, I realized that Dual-Channel RAM doesn't seem to be active.
    I've placed these components into other NForce2 motherboards and
    Dual-Channel DOES seem to work.

    Question: Does the AU13 acknowledge whether Dual-Channel is active?
    Other boards, like the Aopen MK79G-N flash a message like "Dual
    Channel Active" during the POST screen. My AU13 doesn't. Does such a
    message exist on the AU13?

    The more irritating issue seems to be with benchmarks. They (SiSoft
    Sandra, etc...) all indicate a 64 bit pathway. I thought the big
    point about dual-channel was a 128 pathway. (Yes, I know that this
    only results in a 2-20% improvement in performance, depending on the
    yardstick used). I guess this means dual channel isn't working. Any
    hints?

    deefault, Dec 11, 2003

  2. You will notice that at one of the DIMM slots is away from the other two.
    Make sure that one of the DIMMs is installed in this slot.

    Also, I have noticed with my Epox nForce2 board that the earlier BIOS
    versions did not have a "Dual Channel Active" message, even when it was.
    This message was added in later BIOS versions.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Dec 12, 2003