Dual channel running as single channel

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MnEmOnIcS, Nov 1, 2005.

  1. MnEmOnIcS

    MnEmOnIcS Guest

    I just bought my new gear.

    Specs:
    - MSI K8N Diamond
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=638
    - G-SKill F1-3200DSU2-1GBFX
    - Using latest bios found here :
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=638&kind=1

    Problem is no matter what i tried, the memory always run in single
    channel 333 MHz.

    I managed to run the memory at 400 MHz but it is still running single
    channel.

    I've tried various slots combination, even the ones that are not
    recommended in the manual. I get a long beep during post. The only
    possible combination is slot 1 & Slot 3 for me.

    Is this a faulty hardware somewhere? Appreaciate your help.

    MnEmOnIcS, Nov 1, 2005