Dual Core showing 1 core on P5P800-SE???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by DataCom, Mar 22, 2007.

  1. DataCom

    DataCom

    Hi,
    I have a D805 and a Asus P5P800-SE. I noticed the other day using cpu-z 1.39 that is not showing 2 cores.
    The OS is Windows XP Pro. Bios Version is 0803.
    Board Version is Rev1.xx I had to do a RMA with Asus twice, did they give me the wrong board?
    At the time I thought if it was the wrong version bios or board it wouldn't boot with a dual core.
    It shows 2 cores during boot, why wouldn't I see that in windows?

    any ideas on this?

    Thanks,
    DataCom

    Update: In Device Manager it shows 2 cpu's.
    Task Manager shows 1

    Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
    DataCom, Mar 22, 2007