    eny experience about bying "matched pair" ?

    Thanks
    Michael

    Michael Dancygier, Dec 25, 2003

  2. I bought Kingston 1Gig kit (2x512 PC3200) simply because i wanted to make
    sure i had two
    chips the same size/configuration.

    I'd recommend buying one of the kits listed on the ASUS webpage for the
    P4C800-E under 'QVR' as it shows which modules and which configurations will
    give best performance.

    http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/P4C800_DDR400_QVL.pdf

    Philip Callan, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Michael Dancygier

    Tocapet Guest

    You DON'T have to buy a matched pair. You will be spending your $$
    needlessly. You can use any pair of DDR mem chips as long as they are the
    same size. You can even use different brands and they will work.

    Tocapet

    Tocapet, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Its not just same SIZE.

    Its same size, and speed and CONFIGURATION (double sided, single sided etc)

    Buying them in a package just ensures that they are.

    Philip Callan, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Michael Dancygier

    j0hann0 Guest

    go for the corsair !!! ... in our company we have seen lots of probs lately
    with asus p4p800 & p4c800 with kingston ( where cas2 is concerned )
    check the qvl ( quality vendor list it means i think ) on the asus site so
    you can see what ram is compatible ....

    greets Johan

    j0hann0, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Philip,
    if I go for unmatched pair, but I order a cpecific model number (as stated
    on ASUS` QVL), will I not always get a pair that is of the same:
    size, and speed and CONFIGURATION, and

    that the only difference between matched and unmatched pair will be the
    fact, that the producer is given me A kind og "quarantee" that this pair is
    tested by the vendor and able to function up to the limit of its capability
    ?

    Michael

    Michael Dancygier, Dec 26, 2003
  7. In a perfect world, where they dont sometimes ship 'nearest match' yes.
    capability

    Correct, none of the memory people go into great depth as to what 'testing'
    they
    go through, if nothing else, its on the QVR, then ASUS or the memory
    manufacturer
    took a P4C800-E and ensured dual channel functioned with 2/4 sticks.

    Philip Callan, Dec 26, 2003
  8. Thank you all for your advise !
    I propably buy Corsair as stated in QVL

    Michael