dual display troubles with radeon 9600

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ck8799, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ck8799

ck8799

Hi,
    I'm trying to run two 20 in HP flatpanels, but one of them flickers every time i click a button. Eventually, they will both start to flicker.
    Running one of them as vga worked fine.
    Both are running at 1680 x 1050

I am using a HIS 9600 256mb dual dvi video card, with an agp connection, purchased a long time ago. It's run a single dvi, great for a long time.
    The motherboard is a MSI K8t with AMD64 chip.

I've upgraded all of my vid drivers. When i did that, now the 2nd monitor, running vga, doesnt even run well. It's offset, the coloration seems to have lost quality, and it flickers unless i set it to a lower resolution.

I'm running out of ideas and the vid driver update making it worse is driving me crazy. At this point, I'd be ecstatic to just run one VGA, like I was earlier. I tried to update my bios, but the link on MSI website doesn't work.

I built this system when that K8T first came out, so it's pretty old. Am I just expecting too much from my setup?

I don't know if it will make a difference, but I've been using this system flawlessly with only 512 sdram, I've never needed more. Would increasing the RAM help my problem. or should I just upgrade the video card?

I don't even use the system for gaming much these days.
    usually one sides a movie, and the other is an excel sheet or some poker windows.

any advice is appreciated
    thanks.

ck8799, Sep 25, 2007
Ask a Question