DUAL MONITOR: Dual View on NVidia GeForce 7600 GT

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by draegon, Nov 1, 2008.

  1. draegon

    draegon Guest

    I'm running Windows 2000 on a dual AMD Athlon 1500+ machine with 2GB
    RAM and >50GB hard drive space. The video card is an NVidia GeForce
    7600 GT with 512MB RAM and is set to DualView. The primary monitor is
    a 17" LCD set at 1280x1024, 32bit color, 75Hz. The secondary monitor
    is a Samsung DLP TV set at 1280x720, 32bit color, 60Hz. The issue is
    this:

    When I bring up a video from the FOX network (which uses the Move
    Media Player plugin) on the
    primary display using Internet Explorer or Firefox, the full
    screen video automatically displays on the
    secondary display (which is the desired result). However, when I
    bring up video from the SciFi channel
    (which uses Adobe Flash Player) on the primary display in either
    browser, nothing happens on the
    secondary display. Why does this automatic switching occur in
    one inistance and not the other? Is
    this a function of the respective players (plugins) and can it
    be toggled?

    draegon, Nov 1, 2008

  2. draegon

    Augustus Guest

    ROTFLMAO

    Augustus, Nov 2, 2008

  3. draegon

    Ed Medlin Guest

    LOL.............I had to read that twice before I got it.......:) I am
    getting slow in my elder yrs....

    Ed

    Ed Medlin, Nov 2, 2008
  4. draegon

    deimos Guest

    Video displayed through a web browser and not sent to an associated
    application will always play wherever the browser window is. Video
    played through Flash is not actually the same as Media Player. It is
    not an associated MIME type nor does it use a DirectShow codec.

    deimos, Nov 3, 2008