    access the dock from monitor #2....
    OH, and any other useful apps I might like?
    TIA

    Suze, Aug 27, 2011

  2. Suze

    Guest Guest

    you can have as many docks as you want, wherever you want:

    <http://www.dragthing.com/>

    Guest, Aug 27, 2011

  3. Suze

    AES Guest

    Well, DragThing will give you a very nice and useful second dock even
    on a single monitor (and has never given me an instant's grief over
    several years of use).

    I played around once with the Apple dock and DragThing on a laptop
    plus monitor setup without Mirroring turned on, just to see what would
    -- but I've frankly forgotten now whether I was able assign one dock
    to each screen, or not.

    AES, Aug 28, 2011
  4. Suze

    Suze Guest

    Well, that clinches it. I've been using the old Drop Drawers for years
    and was thinking of upgrading to Dragthing, so it's definitely time!!
    Thanks again, you all are always the best!!

    Suze, Aug 28, 2011
  5. Suze

    dorayme Guest

    It has been one of the best and solid features built into Macs
    for ages and across lots of OSs. Always brilliant. You could
    stack monitors left and right and vertically too!

    You might tire or get confused of treating both monitors equally
    yet having the lot as a big desktop, but I guess it depends on
    how you will use the two screen. I have always run a second
    screen to keep disk directory windows on, to offload box menus
    (there are millions in PS and Illustrator ...) and to keep the
    main screen uncluttered. I sit with the main monitor in front (it
    carries the strip menu at top and dock), the supplementary
    monitor is to the left.

    You would not have to do this if you used your monitors for
    different purposes.
    No, best to be happy with what you have like me.

    dorayme, Aug 28, 2011