    plugs? Would a 7000 with a 1 x DVI and 1 x DB15 plug function the same way
    as the 9800 and 9600 AIW cards we tried?

    Steve

    Steve Stormont, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Steve Stormont

    Geoff Guest

    you installed the latest ati drivers ?

    Geoff, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Yes, 4.11s

    Steve Stormont, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Steve Stormont

    SL Guest

    If I remember correctly, the Radeon VE is the same as the Radeon 7000. At
    least all drivers Ive ever had treat them the same.

    Anyways, if they are, it can be a trick of the right settings. I found that
    the only way to get what you wanted is to bring up the video properties
    windows. I usually right click on the desktop and hit properties. I go to
    the menu where you can see the monitors hooked up. There is usually 4
    square boxes with different monitors in them. TV/Monitor/DVI etc..

    I then look at each box. Within each box is two smaller boxes (blue if I
    remember right). One gives you a mirror image of the "primary" monitor, the
    second expands the "primary" to the second screen. Essentially leaving your
    first monitor the way you are familiar. The second usually looks blank as
    there is no icons on it. At that point, I can drag my cursor from the far
    left on my primary all the way across to the right. At that point it simply
    starts right on over to the second monitor. To test, I often drag
    something over (usually an insignifigant icon) and place it on the second
    desktop. Then I know it worked.

    A big thing to note, is to restart before every change I made. And also
    have whatever reciever/monitor turned on prior to the change. Im not sure,
    but I believe they "detect" a signal presence to some degree. It would make
    sense to some degree.

    I have done it several times in the past. It was very similar with my
    9500pro and 9800pro. I loved that VE, even though its not on the edge
    anymore for 3D.

    SL

    SL, Nov 30, 2004
  5. With the 4.11 drivers installed, I have the 7000 card installed. The
    "Display" tab under "Advanced Properties" shows two monitors and TV Out.
    Under each monitor are the four icons (primary, clone, span vertical,
    span horizontal). If I then remove the 7000 and install either the 9600
    or the 9800, I instead see two icons under each monitor (1 and 2) to set
    which monitor is which. Same driver, different card.

    The main problem with the implementation on the 7000 is this:

    With the "Horizontal spanning" option selected, the taskbar extends the
    whole length of both monitors with the clock at the far right of the
    second monitor. If you maximize an application, it maximizes across
    both monitors. With the 9600 and 9800, the taskbar is contained to 1
    monitor and when you maximize an application, it will only maximize to
    the size of the monitor on which the application is displayed.

    Steve

    Stephen Stormont, Dec 1, 2004