    there anything special that I have to do to get them both to work?

    Thanks,

    -pw

    PW, Nov 14, 2007

  2. PW

    deimos Guest

    Nope, you're good to go. Use DVI cables and choose dual view (regular
    Windows display settings). There are several options for multi-display
    performance, however single display will give you the best as usual.

    deimos, Nov 15, 2007

  3. PW

    PW Guest

    Thanks!

    I am also confused how dual monitors work. Can I be working on
    something on one monitor and then something else on the other? I wear
    many hats here at home/work. I'd like to be writing software in
    Visual FoxPro or Access on one and working on our website with
    Dreamweaver on the other, etc... Also, how do games work with two
    monitors? Can I "spread them out" between both (see part of a game on
    one and part on another - I guess that would be confusing but may work
    great with flight sims).

    Can I switch between applications on each monitor.

    Sorry for all the newbie questions!

    -pw

    PW, Nov 15, 2007
  4. PW

    First of One Guest

    Yes. For office work, most people set up the two monitors as "extended
    desktop", essentially forming a single wide desktop in Windows. Any
    application window can be dragged across from one screen to the other.
    nVidia nView utility lets you control things like window maximize behavior
    (fill just one screen or span both screens), taskbar width, dialog box
    location (so they don't always pop up at the "seam" between the two
    screens), etc.
    Most games don't support spanning and will only fill one monitor. There are
    helper utilities like Ultramon that can coax some games into spanning across
    multiple monitors.
    I believe nView also adds a few buttons to each window (beyond the standard
    minimize, maximize and close buttons) that lets you quickly send a window to
    the other monitor.

    First of One, Nov 15, 2007
  5. PW

    PW Guest

    Thank you for taking the time to respond to each of my points. Great
    information. I think I am going to do it!

    =pw

    PW, Nov 15, 2007
  6. PW

    Red Cloud Guest

    Radeon9250 can do watching TV in second video and doing windows job
    on
    primary video. I use second video output on watching TV. There are
    some expensive latest video card "purposely" disable its dual-monitor
    support.

    Red Cloud, Nov 16, 2007