    Anyone know which would be better? I assume the dual processor but
    it's only a guess.

    Thanks

    PartiPooper, Sep 21, 2004

  2. My personal preference would be dual, but that's just me and it would depend
    on the type of work that you do.

    Carlo

    Carlo Razzeto, Sep 22, 2004

  3. PartiPooper

    JK Guest

    Why not go with dual Opterons instead?

    JK, Sep 22, 2004
  4. PartiPooper

    Alex Johnson Guest

    While file and print sharing should require neither of those high-octane
    configurations, the more powerful one is the dual Xeon. The larger
    cache one is Nocona, based on Prescott, while the smaller one is
    Prestonia, based on Northwood. If you follow the discussion here, you
    will learn that most people consider Northwood faster than the larger
    cache Prescott due to other design decisions. So one of those alone
    would be better, but you can get two! :)

    Alex

    Alex Johnson, Sep 22, 2004