Dual Radeon video card with dual monitors in WInXP ??

Discussion in 'ATI' started by LarryW, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. LarryW

    LarryW Guest

    Hi,
    I'm wanting to upgrade my secondary monitor/video card.
    I have an ATI AIW 9000 AGP on a RAD 19" LCD display and
    a Nvidia FX5200 on a Mag 21" CRT monitor. The ATI works great,
    but the FX5200 drivers (and card) are garbage. Won't boot up, or
    get errors and won't load drivers. Will work OK some of the time.
    I did have an old VooDoo3 16MB PCI card that worked fine, just
    wanted to upgrade for better performance.
    Can I use another Radeon card as a secondary video with the AIW as the
    primary video display? I have heard that there may be some driver
    conflicts between the two Radeon cards.
    If they will work together, I'm thinking about a Sapphire 9000 128MB
    PCI VIVO or another AIW VE (7500) 64MB PCI.
    I have a P4 2.53 MHz board SIS655 chipset, 2GB DDR 2700 ram.
    Anyone running two Radeon cards in WinXP or any suggestions on a
    video setup?? I love the TV tuner and capture features on the AIW and
    would like capture on the secondary monitor.

    Thanks,
    LarryW
    (Remove
    the Xs)

    LarryW, Oct 20, 2003

  2. LarryW

    J.Clarke Guest

    In general nvidia and ATI don't work and play well together. The
    problem you are having with the 5200 is probably just that its drivers
    don't want to coexist with the ATI drivers.
    They use the same driver so why would there be conflicts?
    Not sure how well two AIWs will work together--the drivers are
    documented to support an AIW and a TV Wonder but don't know about two
    AIWs.

    J.Clarke, Oct 21, 2003