Dual video cards

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by gordito995, Dec 31, 2009.

  1. gordito995

    gordito995 Guest

    I would like to use two video cards. One for the computer monitor and
    another for a projector. The reason is that I want to calibrate the
    projector and use a separate profile.

    I have installed two nvidia cards, on in a PCIE slot and one in a PCI slot.
    They installed correctly and both show up in the device manager as 8400GS
    cards.

    I am using a dual boot computer with XP and Vista. All, up to date.

    Are both using the same driver, or are they each using a copy of the same
    driver?

    I can get the projector to show a picture only if it is designated as an
    extension of the desktop. I cannot get it to show the same picture as the
    desktop. I get a blank screen. It seems that I cannot designate what I need
    through the control panel.

    With the configuration that I have, is there a way to accomplish what I
    would like to do?

    Thanks,

    Gordo

    gordito995, Dec 31, 2009

  2. gordito995

    Paul Guest

    Fun with color profiles, here.

    http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/downloads/colorcontrol.aspx

    Usage.

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t14299.html

    *******

    I keep hearing about something like "video mirror mode doesn't work". I
    don't know if that is what the OP is attempting or not (or perhaps seeks
    to work around, by using the two video cards).

    "Fullscreen Video Mirror"
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=23278

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 1, 2010

  3. gordito995

    gordito995 Guest

    Thanks to both of you, I will work on this further.

    Gordo

    gordito995, Jan 1, 2010
  4. gordito995

    mrbawana2u Guest