    Can you run Windows on a Sun Fire Blade X86 or is it just Solaris/Unix?

    TIA

    Mark

    M Maltby, Aug 2, 2003

  2. M Maltby

    Elias Guest

    Windows will not be a supported platform on the x86 Blades. What
    application requirement drives you to want to use Windows?

    Elias

    Elias, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Not only that, but why on earth would you want to run such an inferior
    OS on a superior machine?

    Is it just for the novel experience of watching a normally bulletproof
    machine crash?

    CJ

    Chris Johnson, Aug 2, 2003
  4. M Maltby

    M Maltby Guest

    LOL - no, I just wanted to know if someone was talking bullsh*t at work !

    M Maltby, Aug 2, 2003
  5. M Maltby

    Dave Uhring Guest

    The machines probably would run Windows if out_of_the_box Red Hat Linux
    will run on them.

    Dave Uhring, Aug 2, 2003
  6. M Maltby

    Elias Guest

    Probably, but I'm thinking of what Sun is going to "support."

    Elias

    Elias, Aug 2, 2003
  7. Dunno if they might support the Sun SunPCi cards, or are they just for
    SPARC - they probably are.
    --
    Dr. David Kirkby,
    Senior Research Fellow,

    Dr. David Kirkby, Aug 2, 2003
  8. Hmmm ... maybe a mechanic can support the machines -
    http://www.honda-fireblades.co.uk/

    -am © 2003

    Anthony Mandic, Aug 2, 2003
  9. M Maltby

    Axel Neumann Guest

    Hi,

    If you can install it on a hardware that does not have any grafic
    controller.

    HTH,

    Axel Neumann

    Axel Neumann, Aug 2, 2003
  10. M Maltby

    Andrew Kam Guest

    Good morning all!

    Post your technical queries to if you are based in
    the Asia Pacific region (including Australia and New Zealand). This is the
    Technical Support area. They should be able to point you in the right
    direction.

    However, unless you have a Cobalt machine - all other hardware and software
    support requires you to have a valid maintenance contract number with Sun.
    If you don't have one, be prepared to pay for time and materials costs.

    Best regards
    Andrew

    Andrew Kam, Aug 4, 2003