Durable as opposed to ruggedized laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by latichever, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. latichever

    latichever Guest

    I'm approaching the point where I'm going to replace my Dell 7500.
    This machine has had it's hinges replaced three times in the four
    years I've owned it. Sometimes the hinge cracks have been associated
    with cracks in the case. The last time I had to replace the hinges
    out-of-pocket after warranty. It's clear that that generation of Dells
    had hinge problems. But it's not only Dells that have weak hinges.
    It's endemic.

    So my question? What brands of laptops have durable hinges and are
    durable in general?

    I'm not headed for the Artic or canoeing down the Amazon, so
    ruggedized isn't necessary.

    I'm just looking for a garden variety laptop with a lid that I can
    open several times a day for several years without the hinges or the
    case cracking.

    latichever, Dec 12, 2003

  2. latichever

    sachin Guest

    So my question? What brands of laptops have durable hinges and are
    I have an HP Pavilion laptop...hinges are great, all keys on the keyboard
    work, generally quite durable. And I'm not anal about how I treat my
    stuff....

    -s

    sachin, Dec 13, 2003