    filter might be a standard rectangular dry-element automotive air filter
    which could be easily removed and replaced periodically without any case
    disassembly. These filters are widely available and very cheap.

    Nomen Nescio, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Nomen Nescio

    Caden Guest

    Alternatively, you can bathe daily using an abrasive cleaning utensil known
    as a wash clothe to slough dead skin cells from your body into the local
    water treatment facility. The dust inside your computer is composed mostly
    of your and your loved ones dead flesh or perhaps even your family pets.
    Watch out for the dust mites however.

    A mattress can gain up to five pounds of weight a year from human skin
    cells and debris from our bodies. Dust mites are nature's way of
    cleaning up this mess. They eat *millions* of skin cells/scale daily,
    producing up to 20 fecal droppings each day. The droppings are about
    0.5 microns, far smaller than the mite's 125 micron size (a human hair
    is 100 microns *thick*), and the droppings contain the protein
    "Der.p.1" which is an allergen.

    So be good to yourself and your computer and start vacuuming your house
    and getting rid of those dead skin cells.

    Caden, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Nomen Nescio

    PC Gladiator Guest

    I think I'm gonna barf... Just waaaay too much information!

    PC Gladiator, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Problem is, some folks won't clean that filter, and when it clogs, airflow through the
    case will be entirely cut off. It's more desire able to put up with the dust bunnies,
    IMO.

    Best regards,

    Tim ==
    (substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')

    Visit the Surrender Dorothy web !! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
    Visit the Crunch Monkey web !! (http://crunchmonkey.com)

    Timothy J. Trace, Jan 8, 2004