    dust is everywhere. our pc fans get all mangled and stop working eventualy.
    anyone know of a filter system that works for them? most filters to prevent
    fine dust particals are too thick for must pc fans to pull air thru.

    James, Jun 29, 2004

  2. James

    CJT Guest

    I'd probably either move the PC outside the dusty area and run cables to
    it, or switch to a system that doesn't need fans to stay cool. An
    alternative would be to put it in a large box or closet and control
    the environment of the closet.

    CJT, Jun 30, 2004

  3. James

    Martin Guest

    You need to put the PC in an enclosure that's made for the purpose. We
    use Hoffman brand but there are many others. The cabinets I'm talking
    about are fully sealed and have filtered cooling fans (you can even
    get air conditioners for them). Any cables go thru sealed openings.
    They have a window in them so you can look thru and see the monitor.

    Do a Google search for "industrial enclosures".

    Martin, Jun 30, 2004
  4. James

    Greg Guest

    Build a small conditioned space for the PCs with separate air mover.
    The one in my shop was simply cobbled up in a home made case with a filtered
    intake and a big exhaust fan

    Greg, Jun 30, 2004