DUW1608/ARR

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Steve, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi,
    I'm having a problem writing to the this dual layer DVD writer. It's
    recognised by the BIOS and Windows XP but I keep getting communication
    failures reported by Nero after about writing 7%. Luckily, I bought two
    (one for another family member). I tried that but got the exact same
    problem.

    I've updated the firmware but this hasn't made a difference. I read
    somewhere that it doesn't like being an IDE slave and likes to live on it's
    own IDE channel. I've tried this, but it didn't make any difference.

    The one thing I can think of is that I'm running a striped pair of SATA
    drives and a 250GB ATA (on the primary IDE channel).

    Has anyone had any similar problems?

    Many thanks,

    Steve

    Steve, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Steve

    Gnu_Raiz Guest

    If you check the aopen forums this unit had many problems, and as far
    as I know was not released in Japan. You might want to RMA the drives
    and get something else, these drives are known as problematic.
    Consider Nec or Pioneer, as they seem to be well priced.

    Gnu_Raiz

    Gnu_Raiz, Dec 1, 2004