    Mark Dunn Guest

    My Optiplex was supplied without many of the drivers and only function as a
    CD-ROM. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

    Mark Dunn, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Mark Dunn

    Tom Scales Guest

    No drivers are required for it to play DVDs. DVD player software, however,
    is. It should have come with PowerDVD or something that lets you play DVDs.

    Tom Scales, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Mark Dunn

    Mark Dunn Guest

    No, it came on its own. Is there a download?

    Mark Dunn, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Mark Dunn

    Tom Scales Guest

    Yes, but not for free. You might try something like WinAmp
    (www.winamp.com). It might play DVDs for free.

    Others here might know too. All my systems came with software.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 11, 2005
  5. Mark Dunn

    Tim Messer Guest

    VLC Player will play DVDs for free.

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    Tim Messer, Jul 12, 2005
  6. Mark Dunn

    Clark Guest

    If the computer came with a DVD, you should be able to download the
    CyberLink PowerDVD from the download site under Video Drivers.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 12, 2005