DVD's wont play

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Macc Eldon, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. Macc Eldon

    Macc Eldon Guest

    Hello

    I don't seem to be able to play DVD's on my Dimension 9200. MY OS is WinXP
    Media Centre Edition 2002/2005

    Various thing happen when Cine Player opens; on a dvd I recorded myself
    pictures play but no sound, on a bought dvd I get copyright warnings & it
    doesn't play; on another bought dvd nothing happens at all.

    Windows Media Player behaves similarly when I try to play the dvd I recorded
    myself in that I have pictures but no sound.

    Windows media player won't even attempt to play the bought dvd's claiming
    copyright infringement. I'm not trying to copy the dvd's just play them.

    Any ideas please?

    TIA

    Macc

    Macc Eldon, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Macc Eldon

    WSZsr Guest

    Dell has a patch for that exact problem.

    WSZsr, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Macc Eldon

    Dave Guest

    Have you downloaded and applied the Cineplayer patch from Dell? There
    is a problem with Cineplayer that didn't show up until a date in early
    December.

    Dave

    Dave, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Macc Eldon

    Macc Eldon Guest

    No I didn't know about the patch; where do I get it from please?

    Macc

    Macc Eldon, Dec 27, 2006
  5. Macc Eldon

    WSZsr Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/yjyowb

    WSZsr, Dec 28, 2006
  6. Macc Eldon

    mac Guest

    The free VideoLAN - VLC media player is quite good for playing DVDs.
    Windows Media Player Classic (free - Source Forge) is also very good.
    Mac

    mac, Dec 28, 2006
  7. Macc Eldon

    Macc Eldon Guest

    I have sound! The patch worked; thanks for the pointer.

    Macc

    Macc Eldon, Dec 28, 2006
  8. Macc Eldon

    Macc Eldon Guest

    Thanks. However I've installed the Dell Patch & it all works perfectly so I
    won't be needing VLC after all.

    Macc Eldon, Dec 28, 2006